My Blog

Welcome to my page!!!...This should be entertaining :) What a better place for me to ramble on and on about things! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I'm so glad that I finally get to be Hot Donna for something :P



Thursday, November 1, 2018

#NaBloPoMo Day One

So I'm going to try my hand at blogging every day of November.

Today I was driving to work and the song Only Jesus by Casting Crowns came on. It's unexpectedly convicting. The words talk about how everyone tells you to make your mark and leave a legacy and then it gets to the chorus...

And I, I don’t want to leave a legacy
I don’t care if they remember me
Only Jesus


So at this point, I'm sitting in my car thinking about all the things I've heard that have told me to think about the legacy that I will leave. And I think of being a good role model and being a leader and then this song slaps me with lyrics about not wanting a name for myself, or not caring if they remember my name. 

and it hurts honestly...

I'm still trying to figure out why these lyrics get under my skin. I'm sure it's mostly pride. Disappointment. But I'll keep exploring and growing. 


Here's a link to the song --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIBP2BdYR8 

No comments:

Post a Comment